Friday, January 12, 2007

My its been a long time since I wrote - call me driven to distraction. I won't list all the distractions...because honestly, it is utterly BORING (it has to do with colors, fabrics, paper weight and wax). It also has to do with the fact that I have a job - a job I love, but which you will find utterly boring if I tell you all my distractions. SO - this week when I told someone that planning the wedding is really a distraction to what the entire event is all about - they nodded knowingly, and then sent me the poem below. It was with a sense of gigantic relief that someone else felt the same way enough to write it down:

On the brink of married life, you wait with wonder

On the brink of married life, you wait with wonder:
the coming moment, mystic and mundane,
Brings law and love incongruously together
to form a bond both passionate and sane.
For now it has to be about the party:
Guests must be fed, clothes bought, proceedings planned;
But underneath is abiding beauty,
redeeming what decencies demand.
Praised be the pillars on which we place our lives,
Standing more secure than else we might;
And praised be those in whom such senses survives,
Whose love becomes for all a source of light.
So we do celebrate, as the moment nears,
A love that counts its happiness in years.
-Unknown

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

May your "senses" and "abiding beauty" survive this party! Keep your eye on the pie. The pie being HONEYMOON!!!!!