Friday, April 06, 2007

Wedding Friday

Its getting closer: vendors are calling for their cash, the RSVP's are more or less complete, the wedding gifts have even been arriving already! It feels a little like Christmas...only a little (just a LITTLE) more expensive, and a little (just a LITTLE) more earth shaking.

Today, we confirmed out cake count, opened at least 5 boxes of gifts, GOT OUR MARRIAGE LICENSE, and I have a fitting today! We must be two weeks out from our big day...every day I find myself more and more distracted, much to the dismay of the owner of our company who is a little tired of hearing from me whenever I messed up and need to come to him hat in hand.

Though this entire process, I have been, well, kvetching about how time consuming it is..how crazy it all is. And yet, today, I found myself dreaming about how much fun I had looking at dresses when a friend of mine who announced HER engagement told me about her dress experience. I DO realize that I will wish I had more time to enjoy it or that I enjoyed it more..but the truth really is, with exception of some really fun moments, it really hasn't been that great for me. Its scary, and chaotic and deeply personal. Its a time for me to say good-bye to the carefully cultivated self image of a independent wild woman and find room in that personality for an independent wild wife. I know she's there..I just never thought I would have to dig her out. But as I look around at the chaos here, I know its ALMOST over...and life with the man I love will settle into some sort of routine (for better or worse, that).

Well..maybe if I spend more time getting to know the independent wild wife side of me...that routine WON'T be so boring. =)

Hope to see you all in a couple of weeks.

No comments: