Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Normal Only Better


Life has been...well, normal. I find myself reading the business section of the paper without wandering over to the financial section to see if I can afford a wedding...I find myself sleeping through an entire night without a SINGLE dream about flowers, cake or weather. I find myself sitting blankly in front of my computer with no urgent emails or decisions to make (I make all those during the day.) We have even had a weekend without some lame appointment that was sure to send me into a tiz. WE SAW A MOVIE (Shrek) and I don't think that has happened in almost a year! Our house is clean and back to normal. In case your wondering..this is the normal brain scan of a normal woman..and once again...gratefully, that is me.

Another side note of perks of normal life is that I am enjoying things I enjoyed before (cooking) and now things that I haven't enjoyed in 15 years: riding a bike (which we got for our wedding!!) with my new husband. I have blogged TWICE this week!! I might continue to grow my hair out for the enjoyment of it - rather that the deadline of a long-haired wedding...ditto for the gym. Its SO much more fun to go to the gym without looking in every mirror and imagining that the most awful part of it will be magnified in white.

I also find that all this normalcy is even better than normal before. Yes, its true, that its because the honeymoon period is possibly the best thing I have ever experienced. All my favorite things are better -- in no small part that Jeff is here and we're doing lots of it together. When I watch movies where people are getting married...my mind wanders over the to the most perfect day of my life. When I look (AGAIN) at the pictures, I see myself laughing and smiling throughout the entire day...and I realize that I am so glad we did it that way. We had a day of love and happiness, and that is what a wedding should be. We were surrounded by people who were happy for us - who wanted to be part of our joy. We were celebrating our love. And every day seems like a small celebration of love.

OK - so the honeymoon period isn't "normal" but it sure IS great.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

SOO happy that you're SOOO happy!!! Love you, M