Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wedding Characters Arrive



WOW - So I had two realizations this week: I have SO much to do....and while I keep thinking time is on my side..I'm feeling a little panicky. I guess I have felt this way about every 6 weeks since we started this journey. So that makes about twice since we got engaged. So, considering I haven't gone absolutely BRIDEZILLA yet I think I am holding it together quite nicely. Indeed.



I DID have an "event planner" moment this week. One of those moments where finally the creative juices are stirring...and you go "DUH!! That would AWESOME!" The first time I had that moment was when I saw that you can buy doggie tuxes..and I begged, BEGGED Jeff to let Rudy walk down the aisle. He put his foot down. So I thought I would appeal to my Mom. She was absolutely NO help what-so-ever - I felt completely abondoned by the love of my life...and my OWN flesh and blood. I mean...really? Right? Ok. So I let it go. This one, which I will not reveal,...I will work and work and find a "Great Idea!" anywhere I can get it. Here's why: its completely appropriate, not to mention beautiful..not a budget buster...and UNIQUE. AND - everyone but my Mom and Jeff keep reminding me that it is MY day. Huh. Is it that they fear if they give an inch, I shall take the proverbial mile? Is it that they are trying to put-off the Bridezilla moments and don't want to put such a wildly nutty idea into my head? Well..I'm not giving it up. Nope. I'm not. Its not a Bridezilla moment...its a LEO moment (notice both characters have claws, by the way). Its a "why I went into sales" moment...its a "My Daddy gave me my way 1 too many times" moment...its a "I didn't hear that two letter word" moment. In short...its a totally "T" moment. Game On. And considering that no-one ever reads this blog...its a moment that I feel safe to express into the depths of oblivion. So - I shall update you on my progess...after all...its a marathon not a sprint. But damn - its a fast moving marathon. Which is quicker...a Leo or a Bridezilla?

No comments: