This picture pretty much sums it up: There are bikes to be assembled in my living room, several boxes of "Wedding Stuff" near the door...the dog is desperate to be walked...and all I can do is put on the Scuba gear that Mia is loaning me for my upcoming classes...so - in short: my judgment has, (as they say in the "biz"): "jumped the shark". Notice, in said photo, my hair has "nap-itis", there is a spot on my shirt...AND...I am grinning like a fool --- AT MY FIANCE. Yes, its true - he has seen me in this state of mind (or lack there of) and still remains in my life. Anyone who says he ISN'T a saint clearly doesn't understand the cross he bears. The things you don't see in this photo, (in order of disaster rating, high to low): the upstairs bathroom and all my junk on the counter...countless piles of laundry scattered throughout and the delivery food sitting in the kitchen (because I simply CAN NOT cook on this night - said with a delicate hand on the forehead). I find myself repeating, over and over: "Fiji...Fiji....Fiji..." while I believe that Fiji will be the dream vacation of a lifetime, I must admit, if could be "Rocky Pointe..Rocky Pointe...Rocky Pointe" and right now, it would probably still be the only thing bringing me to a "normal" blood pressure.You should also know that I desperately also wanted those bikes to be assembled that evening - so much so, that I asked Jeff to go to Home Depot to get needed tools for the "some assembly required". But, by the time he got back, I had already opened the wine and was on to the next thing. This ADD and wine combo rescued Jeff from a Saturday night in Chaos...unfortunately for him..it is unlikely to deliver him from a LIFE free of Chaos.
And so....on this Sunday night - as I examine my schedule for Monday morning...I decided, once again to delay the arrival of further Chaos and instead write in my blog. So as promised in the last entry - I have spread my personal craziness across the internet - nothing is sacred...nothing is safe...from the crazy witch-mermaid with with the snorkel and fins.

1 comment:
You crack me up! Wait until you have kids, talk about a "life of Chaos!". Thanks for the laugh. :) Love you and your geeky scuba outfit. xo, M
Post a Comment