Saturday, May 24, 2008

I apologize dear readers, but I bring goodies!


I'm sorry to both of you. I've been remiss in my blogging duties.


I swear to god, though, I have been back to AZ 3X since I last wrote. While that doesn't sound too terrible (and its not) it IS roughly 36 hours in the air, not including dreaded airport time, so you can see what a "time suck" it is, and how, instead of doing that I could have blogged at LEAST 10 hours instead...and you would all be sick of me.




HOWEVER, I do have some photos to share with you. I have developed a sick, new hobby. Its really pretty mean...but OMG - is it funny. There is something that happens to people when they visit Hawaii - they lose their heads and their ability to discern what is and isn't appropriate to wear.

And so I announce a new regular feature on the blog: Tourist Photos! Yes, its true, straight from Hawaii and into your living room.


The picture at right is what started this new hobby. Take a look at this cool dude, strolling RIGHT DOWN Kalakaua Blvd, the main drag in Waikiki.



The shirt would have been bad enough, but to pair it with matching pants and loafers?! DUDE - get a grip! Who is that guy you are walking with, because he isn't a FRIEND letting you leave the hotel looking like that!


Here we have the most oft-seen fashion debacle of Honolulu: the Banana Hammock. I suspect that this guy is European, which only SLIGHTLY excuses it,


but really, even a European shouldn't wear one of these looking like this. His but crack is hanging out too!! The fish in Hanauma Bay were scarce that day, now I know why. They were terrified.







No comments: