The holidays this year were somewhat low-key, but really enjoyable. I would say that we first kicked it off with our regular date night at RA, which this year fell on Christmas Adam. Although pleasant, Christmas Adam just isn't what it used to be, when it typically occured at either Martini Ranch or Maloney's. Some fond memories have been made and forgotten on that late night.
Then, on Christmas Eve, we went to a relaxing dinner at Barcelona. A quite dinner just the two of us is an event I wouldn't mind making into a tradition. After a couple of drinks, and several pouty requests, I finally convinced Jeff to exchange holiday gifts on Christmas eve. He he - breaking with tradition is such fun, though Jeff was trying to figure out why I would want to open gifts early, he sourly asked "Did you open presents on Christmas eve as a child?" We didn't. Still, knowing that we would have plenty to open the next day made it fun for us (me) to exchange on the night before.
Jeff and I spent Christmas morning with his parents - for a really yummy brunch - this french toast with apples "cassarole" that set my "oh - it doesn't matter...what's 1000 more calories?" justification into FULL SWING! Oh - we of course topped it off with Mimosas. Then we went to my Mom's with Nana joining us. It was a great dinner of fresh crab and filet...wow, it was indulgent! I think Jeff and I both had a really nice day, but it was strangly quiet for both of us - his family all gone, and neither Mia and Brooks nor Sandra (Mitzi), Adam and Mrs. G here (visiting THIER family in Eau Claire).
We were home early and spent. I fell asleep on the couch, curled up with Jeff before 10pm.
All in all, it was a beautiful, if untraditional day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment