Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ski Winter Park


That's the website address for Winter Park, CO - where we (Mom, Mia, Brooks, Piper, Jeff and I) have all just returned from a most adventersome trip - and SKI WINTER PARK we did...despite a windchill on Saturday of -40. You read that right...I too had to do a double take when I read that. Blessedly, in tradition of famously perfect Colorado skiing, day 2 was a perfect 25 degrees and sunny. Ahh...yes. And yet, I with two pairs of long underwear on was taking NO chances.
Winter Park may forever live in my mind as the place I fell in love with skiing again. I haven't gone in 5 years...part of that is time and part of that was money, but another part of it was the fact that everytime I went, it was in AZ - which is mediocre at BEST. Winter Park reminded me that long, wide runs with an over abundance of snow still exist.
Mia and Brooks are largely responsible for this rediscovery, and I am so grateful. Jeff and I have never been skiing together, and even though he spent the entire trip saying that we should "ride" (snowboard) next time...I know it won't be the last time we hit the slopes together..even if he DOES cross over to the "dark side" and" ride" next time we do it together. I explained that I never will if only for the reason that I am NOT a natural athlete and the only reason I can ski at all is because I started when I was 3.
It was an awesome trip...baby Piper was a total joy - and such a good girl, smiling and squeeling with joy..she is apparently a morning person. Finally, she and Aunt T got to spend some time together. It was awesome. Everytime I see Mia and Brooks I wish I saw them more. And one of the highlights was Mom's continued ability to get into stretch pants and look GREAT coming down the hill. All in all: the weekend was too short, but pure perfection...OK - ALMOST. It would have been better with NO DAYS at -40 degrees (wind chill). But I will forgive Winter Park her weather indiscretions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

snowboarding is for losers. You shouldnt do it on general principle!

-T. said...

You know what - YOUR RIGHT!!