
Remember that famous escape artist (the David Blaine of his time) named Houdini?! Yah - he apparently has come back in the form of a Jack Russell Terrier named Rudy! That dog that all of you referred to as "SAUSAGE DOG" has lost quite a bit of wieght over the last year and this weekend decided it was time to show off his svelte new physique.
We together visited Jeff this weekend at his house...and Jeff has a doggie door. So when we left on Sunday morning, we made sure the gate was locked and the doggie door was open. Now - anyone who has ever owned a dog (let alone met mine) knows that the joy of ownership is all in the grand "HELLO" when you come home. And when you DON'T get attacked the minute you walk in the door - you immediately begin to wonder what the HECK is going on. As did I when Rudy did not greet us at the door..at all. I was pretty freaked out....I'll tell you people. Fortunately, his friendly demeanor was not missed on Jeff's nieghbors and someone found him and called me immediately! THANK GOD! A near miss to be sure. BUT - once he was home..I needed to know how it could possibly have happened. So tested an impossible theory: that he slipped through the bars on the gate. I mean they are ONLY about 3 inches apart. But that little sh*t got through the bars...he has to squeeze and shimmy - but can you believe it?! If he hadn't lost all that wieght - there is no WAY he could have done it...What's worse - a fat dog..or a very determined skinny one name Rudy. I'm not quite sure...but I just gave him his third doggie treat of the day.

2 comments:
Ruuuddddyyyyy!
Dogs are amazing creatures! They're magical!!
I can JUST PICTURE him shimmying out between 3 inch bars...How funny... Gotta love RUUUUUUUUUDY!
Post a Comment