Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wedding Scratching Post "Part Un"



OK - I swore this wasn't going to be the scratching post for my wedding...unfortunately for all of you (or the one of you) who read this particular post and possibly for all others that follow...I have GOT to vent. For the record: I also SWORE I didn't want any drama attached to my wedding...and that possibility has been eliminated as well...so I say "what the hell...throw caution to the wind!!"

Remember last post that said life has taken over my life? What I neglected to tell you, was that the way I have chosen to deal with this is to be very, VERY disciplined with my time (thus, lack of blogging)...in other words, to work when I need to work, to schedule meetings so I miss very little work, to plan ahead and make sure I can be where I need to be, or not do it at all. What this means is that when things change in my schedule, I find it VERY hard to be gracious...as I am working VERY hard to make sure everything gets done..for work, for wedding...for workouts (see posting re: time sucks) including my real life...which includes friends (or those I will have left after planning a wedding).

SO...in between the wedding planning chaos...I have decided that I could really use a wedding planner for the day-of and to possibly get me through the stress of that last week when details seem to be piling up (as if they aren't already)....and a particular planner came highly recommended, and described to be as approachable in cost and personality. Sounds like MY KIND of girl...I was trying to limit the phone tag, so I thought that I would spend some time with her, and if she wasn't in the budget or I didn't like her, I would go elsewhere. Please allow me to preface... I really didn't want to hire a wedding planner so that I could complicate my life even further with phone tag and canceled appointments... Well...wedding season in AZ is pretty much October and April...suffice to say..she is a little busy..none the less..we played phone tag for well over a week....when we finally connected, we agreed to meet - 2 weeks later (that would be tomorrow). TODAY - she left me a message with a long message about how she would like to reschedule, blah, blah blah....UGH...this came 5 minutes after Jeff canceled the regularly scheduled Thursday night date (which is in a couple of hours). LET ME CLARIFY: Anyone who tells a bride that during this time it is "all about her" really means that its about her as long as it fits into everyone else's timeframe and conveience. No one cuts any slack. Its like "what's the big deal? I'm busy too!" THIS IS WHY BRIDEZILLA WAS BORN, people..this is IT.

Regarding the wedding planner...I am meeting with another....I...I'm not sure what to do about the fiance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In your spare time, you should write a book on this experience!