Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Blues

I keep waiting for the moon to go into another house or Mars to exit or SOMETHING.

Boy, have I got the blues lately. Not sure what exactly it is... (NO - it is NOT the fact that the wedding is over) I mean, some of it has to do with a recent flurry of bad news for people I love...lately it seems like their hurts hurt me more. In one day last week, my best friend lost her Dad to a battle of cancer, a friend of mine told me he was diagnosed with Parkinson's and my brother in law lost his job in a really unfair and icky way. Work is totally uninspiring to me right now. Life seems to be dragging..I'm tired...and I don't really seem "into" much.


But on the flip side - there are some really great things happening too: I'm taking a couple of fun weekend trips in August...we have new goodness in our lives, I married my dream man..and I've got this dream-team staff at work, awesome friends... frankly, I'm a little peeved at myself for feeling so blue... after all, in the big picture of life, really, I hit the "fate jackpot" as far as I am concerned. I mean, really - someone always has it worse.

But maybe that's it.

It doesn't really make me feel better that anyone has it worse..in fact, it kind of overwhelms me.
Sometimes, when are lucky, as I am...maybe that's when you start to realize that there's more you could be doing. I'm having a battle with myself - I could volunteer...but sometimes I feel as though I don't even spend enough time with my loved ones as it is...so then I figure that I should give more money, and I feel as though nothing I give is enough.

See what I mean?

Its the blues, folks and a serious case of it.

I'll get over it - I know. I should scroll down for my own little pep talk about graduation...and how everyday is THE day. Maybe a little piece of my own advice will make me feel better.

Nah, I'll probably just be peeved at myself for that damn cherry posting.

No comments: