Friday, July 13, 2007

The Luckiest Man ALIVE


I married the luckiest man alive. And not just because he married me (but thank you for going there, dear loyal blog readers.) No. I mean, this man never loses. His parking karma is unbeatable. He is balding - and yet - looks GREAT with a shaved head. He has been in 5 car accidents, none of which he was injured and to boot, none of which affected his insurance.

So. I should know better than to negotiate elements of marriage with this man simply based on luck. C'mon - you know you do it: "rock paper scissors" type of stuff for things like where you go to dinner tonight, or who drives, or who goes to the store. Well, I made a deal with the devil tonight. I wanted Jeff to go to Circle K for Diet Coke. Let me preface this with the fact that he almost ALWAYS goes..but tonight - I got a little push back. So I wrote out the numbers 1-12 on pieces of paper - and we drew numbers for which number was closest to 12. The number closest to 12 had to go the Circle K. Jeff drew first.

Yah. Guess which number he drew?

Uh - Huh. Number 1.

I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO DRAW.

Two lessons learned:
1) Luck always works in his favor: learn to negotiate better.
2) Its gonna be a LONG life if I don't learn how to negotiate better.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

You're funny! When are we going to Vegas with him????? Come ON! Let's not let this luck go to waste! But the real question is, did he go anyway? I bet he did! :)